Shooter games require you to be on your toes at all times. Quick movements and steady aim is what will get you really far if you want to get better at the game. If you are looking for the Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite, you are in the right place.
Fortnite is one of the most played battle royale games out there and for good reason. Its quick, adaptive gameplay is incredibly addictive and has a competitive feel to an otherwise slap-happy game. Like most first-person-shooters, or FPS games, Fortnite also requires aiming skill. Putting enough time into a game will no doubt help you get better at aiming, but equally so you need a good mouse.
Choosing a mouse entails a whole lot of different things. From speed to accuracy, a good mouse can make a world of difference in your gameplay.
What to look for in a gaming mouse you ask? Or what is the Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite? Let us get into it.
What to look for in a Gaming Mouse?
When it comes to buying a gaming mouse, let alone the Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite, you need to consider a few things before getting yourself one.
- Play style: Depending on the games you are planning to play, the mouse you choose could be entirely different. If you play more MMOs and RPGs, a mouse with additional keys could do the trick. However, for an FPS game, quick tracking and an accuracy-based mouse is the way to go.
- Sensor: The two primary kinds of sensors you can find in a gaming mouse are laser and optical. A laser mouse tends to exhibit lag, while an optical mouse is highly reactive and improves your FPS gaming experience.
- Wired or wireless: Depending on personal preference, you could either get a wired mouse or a wireless. Now, there is a price difference between the two, a wireless mouse being more expensive. Earlier, a wireless mouse would have been less responsive than a wired mouse, but technology has bridged that gape too. If you have the bucks and you need specifically a wireless mouse, you could very well go for it without suffering from any drawbacks.
- DPI or Dots Per Inch: DPI refers to the rate of pixels the cursor will move on the screen per inch of physical movement of the mouse. A higher DPI will result in faster movement of the cursor on your screen. Also known as mouse sensitivity, increasing or decreasing your DPI could drastically change your gaming experience.
- Weight: How much a mouse weighs is vital for your experience. In FPS games, a lighter mouse is preferred since flicking the mouse is easier the lighter it is. A more expensive mouse can have adjustable weights for you to add or remove according to preference.
- Grip: How you hold the mouse can also change your gaming experience. Grip style, however, is a matter of personal preference. Ask yourself how you hold your mouse, is it fingertip, claw, or palm grip. Depending on your style, choose a mouse with the preferred grip.
- Lighting and customization: Personal computers have become heavily customizable and so have mouse and keyboards. If it is in your preference, you could opt for a RGB mouse with customizable options.
Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite
If you are looking for an FPS specific gaming mouse that you could use for games like Fortnite, PUBG and Apex Legends, a lightweight mouse with adjustable DPI could prove extremely beneficial. Brands like Logitech and Razer are some of the biggest names in the industry.
Here are some of the best gaming mouse for Fortnite and other FPS games.
Logitech G203 Lightsync Wired Gaming Mouse
Logitech G203, weighing just 150gms, is one of the best lightweight gaming mice out there. With 5 DPI settings going upto 8000 DPI, G203 features a vibrant and customizable Lightsync RGB color wave effect. With 6 total buttons and mechanical, tensioned metal springs for each, durability is high and reliable. If you want a cheaper, lighter model than the G203, you could also opt for G102. G102 is almost similar in every case with the G203, the only difference being that the G102 is slightly lighter which makes it easier to control. This could prove to be the Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite as well.
Logitech G402 Optical Gaming Mouse Hyperion Fury
Logitech G402 features Fusion Engine that allows speeds over 10m/sec. The 200gm mouse offers a comfortable design that allows high-speed moves with less friction and some of the fastest response rates. With 8-fully programmable buttons, onboard memory for profile storage, and on-the-fly DPI adjustment from 250 – 4000 DPI, G402 is easily a great choice for gaming.
Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
With exclusive ultra-fast Logitech-G wireless charging technology, the G502 wireless comes equipped with an advanced 1:1 tracking system. DPIs ranging from 100 – 25,600 make playing any game a piece of cake. The G502 can also be paired with the separately sold PowerPlay wireless charger to have it charge automatically while at rest. With 11 customizable buttons and a hyper fast scroll wheel, G502 can be used for any kind of gaming. The mouse also comes with adjustable weights for personalized balance tuning and fully customizable RGB lighting. The mouse itself weighs around 120gms, while with all weights on, the mouse comes out to be around 400gms.
Logitech G502 Hero High Performance Gaming Mouse
G502 wired gaming mouse comes with all the functionality of the more expensive G502 wireless mouse, obviously with a wire. The sensors, tracking system, DPI settings (100 – 25,600 DPI), 11-programmable buttons, adjustable weight systems, and customizable RGB settings, are all similar to the wireless version of the same mouse. G502 Wired only comes equipped with a wire, otherwise, they are the same mouse. You could opt for the G502 wired instead of the G502 wireless in case you are on a lower budget but still could use a totally badass gaming mouse.
Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
If you are looking for a lighter, wireless, and a more feature full mouse, G604 Lightspeed wireless is easily the best choice out there. With a DPI range of 100 – 25,600, customizable RGB, a 10gm removable weight, 6 programmable buttons, and a HERO sensor, the G604 makes the cut as one of the lighter, faster, and highly accurate gaming mice out there. This is one of the Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite.
Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Razer is a huge name in the gaming industry and have maintained their reputation by producing incredibly high-performance computer peripherals. THe Basilisk X Wireless boasts a low-latency, 6 programmable buttons, and highly durable mechanical switches. It also features dual mode connectivity. Basically, use a Bluetooth connection for up to 450 hours of use, or use HyperSpeed which allows for lag-free gaming, but lasts only 285 hours on a full charge. This 200gm mouse is also light enough to be used by anyone.
Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless – Wireless Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
Weighing in at only 99gms, the Harpoon is one of the more lightweight mice we have for you. Its construction and design features are made for prolonged usage without signs of fatigue. Rubber side grips allow for added comfort and accuracy. With 60 hours of battery life, 6 programmable buttons, ultra-durable Omron switches, and an adjustable DPI of up to 10,000 DPI, you would have no issues using the Harpoon while you play Fortnite all night long.
If you are looking to go wireless, check out our blog on Are Wireless earbuds safe?
There are a lot of different gaming mice to choose from. Depending on your preference, budget, and intended use, you could very well invest in either of the ones mentioned above. What is for sure though, if you need a mouse for FPS games, you should totally look into weight, latency, and the number of buttons at your disposal. Choose the one that suits your requirements. The Best Gaming Mouse for Fortnite could be one of these, if at the end of the day it suits your requirements and particular taste.