Wondering how to find an archived message in Messenger? Well, here are a few steps that you can follow. This guide will show you how.
Messenger is a great way to communicate with the businesses you love. But sometimes, it can be difficult to track down those older messages you’re looking for. So here’s how to find an archived message in Messenger.
How to Find an Archived Message in Messenger
To find an archived message in Messenger, please follow the next steps depending on the interface you are using, mobile or desktop. It’s simple. So here’s how to find an archived message in Messenger.
How do I find archived messages on Messenger from Mobile
- Open the Messenger app.
- Tap on your profile icon (circular-shaped) in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down till you see the option Archived chats.
- Tap on Archived chats,
- You’re done.
If you’ve archived a Message thread and want to access it again, you can do so from this page by clicking on Unarchive or simply by sending a message to that person.
How do I find archived messages on Messenger from Desktop
- Open the Facebook Messenger. Make sure you’re logged in.
- Go to your Message Inbox
- Click on the gear icon which states for Options
- Click on Archived Threads
What Happens When You Archive a Message on Messenger?
When you archive a conversation in Facebook Messenger, it disappears from your inbox. Anyhow, you can always go back and read the chat’s history if you’d like to.
These conversations are stored in the archive chats option until you speak with that person again, or until you’re just a click away from retrieving it.
You can always tap the option to view the archived messages of a chat thread.
How To Archive a Conversation in Messenger?
How to archive a conversation in Messenger on Mobile
Messages and chats on Facebook Messenger can be easily archived by following these steps:
- Open your Messenger app
- You will be taken to the inbox page. Simply tap and hold the chat you wish to archive.
- You will be given a number of options. Tap on Archive
- Your conversation is now archived!
If you want to clean up your Message inbox, it’s easy to archive messages in Messenger.
How to archive a conversation in Messenger on Desktop
In order to archive a conversation in Messenger from Desktop, follow the next steps:
- Go to the Facebook Messenger homepage and sign in.
- In the left sidebar, locate the conversation you want to preserve.
- When you move your mouse over the conversation, a circle with three dots appears. Click this circle and then pick Archive conversation.